New Pattern of Class 12 Maths Paper from 2017 – CBSE Board Exams
After the criticism CBSE got by students, parents, ministers and others on Class 12 Maths Board exam this year in 2016, CBSE finally decided to change the Class 12th Mathematics Board Exam Pattern from 2017 onwards.
The 2017 CBSE Board exam will now witness a new Math question paper design which will have 80% “easy and average” difficulty level questions.
New Changes in Class 12 Maths Board Exam Pattern :
- CBSE has added two-mark questions in the new format. Earlier, it used to have only one-mark, four-mark and six-mark questions. The two-markers will be worth a total of 16 marks.
- 20% of the questions will fall in the ‘easy’ category, 60% will be ‘average’ and remaining 20% questions will come into ‘difficult’ section.
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) questions of 10 marks.
- The Very Short Answers (VSA) and Short Answers (SA) make up for 20 marks.
- There will be no overall choice in the question paper. However, 30% internal choices will be given in 4 marks and 6 marks questions.
Question Paper Design and Break-up
How to prepare for CBSE Maths Class 12 Board Examination in 2017? Do I need to do something different?
You will need to properly understand concepts and solve numerical for clarification of concepts.